On March 2019 I had the opportunity to go to Singapore and it was a wonderful experience, we created beautiful memories that I will cherish forever. In this blog post, you will find tips and ideas of where to go and what to do in Singapore.
Before I left Miami, I created a list of places I wanted to go. This way I had a pretty good idea of what to do without missing anything. Some of the information I researched was at Visit Singapore
What’s in My Bag?
I took the essentials but and I checked the weather before to take everything I need. Make sure you take your medicine, legal papers, phone chargers, and more!
Check out my link below with the list of things you should take when you travel.
What to Pack?
We stayed in the Marina Bay Sands and right before we went over there, I applied online for their FREE lifestyle member card. With this card, I earned points in most of the restaurants, shops, and all the amenities all over the Marina Bay Sands, including the Shops and my favorite; their food court. Check out My Blog Post about this gorgeous place!
Here you can discover many sight and attractions in Singapore with 5 routes and over 60 stops. You will be able to listen to the tour guides in 12 different languages.
I got to use their taxis about four times because we were in a rush. Their service was great and efficient. They all speak English. We paid with cash but they also accept credit cards.
• MRT (mass rapid transit)
This was my favorite; I absolutely loved my experience with the MRT. I got to use it the first time after I did some research and ask the lady in customer service. The station I got out from was the Bayfront, which was located in the Marina Bay Shops.
I have an iPhone and these are the apps I used the most on my stay over there in Singapore:
The currency is the Singapore Dollar and SGD$0.74 is equal to one American dollar. I changed twice in the same Hotel I stayed at and I loved the material of their currency, all plastic…very cool!
Things to Do:
- The Merlion Park
- Lau Pa Sat …watch it here
- Little India …watch it here
- Suntec City Mall ...watch it here
- Jubilee Bridge
- National Gallery in Singapore
- Shopping will be along Orchard Road, the highest concentration of shopping malls along that stretch.
- Gardens By The Bay …watch it here
- Science Museum
- Marina Bay Sands SkyPark ...watch it here
- Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre ...watch it here
- The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands …watch it here
- Infinity Pool at Marina Bay Sands …watch it here
- Digital Light Canvas at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
- SPECTRA – A LIGHT & WATER SHOW: FREE Sun – Thu: 8pm & 9pm Fri & Sat: 8pm, 9pm & 10pm Each show is 15 min long. The best place to watch the show is at the Event Plaza in front of the Shoppe.
What to Eat!!
- Chicken Rice
- Noodles (all types)
- BBQ Fish
- Ice kacang (local ice desserts)
- Satay…all kind
- Bak Kut Teh (local peppery herbal meat soup)
- Oh Chien (oyster egg omelet)
- Nasi Lemak (Coconut rice with condiments)
- Roti prata (Indian bread, like paratha)
When we went during the month of March the weather was similar to a Miami Summer weather, with a high percentage of humidity and temperatures that went from 77 to 88 Fahrenheit Degrees.
The language was not a problem for us at all, because everyone in Singapore spoke English
Thank you to all the amazing people of Singapore and to MY ONE AND ONLY for a wonderful trip. I hope you enjoy my tips. Have a positive day my beautiful people…Keep on Smiling! 😊
Liked this post? Pin me below and share it on your social media accounts with your friends and family! ✈️🇸🇬
Follow my website and sign up to my newsletters to get the latest information about events like this one, also you can follow me on social media and have the opportunity to participate in many of my giveaways, as you get all the information of what’s going on.